About Wellbeings® - Wellbeings Pain Management and Dependency Clinic
The founder, Peggi Shepherd DeGroote, chose a location in West Burlington as the ideal for providing these highly specialized services to patients from the immediate communities and surrounding areas. Since opening the clinic has helped hundreds of patients to limit the effects of pain or addiction, making possible a happier and healthier life.
The dedicated team of specialists works collaboratively within a “Patient First” approach, developing treatment plans specifically tailored to the individual. Additional off-site treatments enhance and promote healing and recovery. Referrals for those services are provided, which can include chiropractic, massage, nutrition and exercise/physical therapies.
Wellbeings® will assist those who have problems arising from pain and/or addiction to access all legally prescribed pain medications and other forms of treatments such as trigger point injections.
Methadone offers one well researched and best practice approach for pain and addiction but it is only one of many options to be considered when developing an individual treatment plan.
Wellbeings® is an appointment only clinic with minimal wait times for new patients. Wellbeings® opioid dependency services are covered by OHIP. All medical services related to pain management are also covered by OHIP.
If you would like to make a referral, please complete the attached WB Referral Form 1718 and fax it to 905-631-1400. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (905) 631-9355 or click here to send us an email and we will be pleased to assist you.
We will work closely with the primary care physician or specialist and the patient to improve quality of life (QOL).
Wellbeings® is pleased to have patient-centred physicians who specialize in pain management, addiction medicine, family medicine and psychiatry.
Physician Team members include:
- Dr.Allison Brain, B.Sc, B.Ed, MD, FRCPC - practising in Pain Management and Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
- Dr. Michael Boucher, MD, DCAPM, CIME, Medical Director, Wellbeings®.
- Dr. Navot Kantor, MD CCFP practising in Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
- Dr.Priyanka Kapil, please, Substance Use Disorder (SUD )including AUD and cocaine
- Dr.Geoffrey Purdell-Lewis, B.Sc, MBBS, FRPC practising in Pain Managment
- Dr. Suneel Upadhye MD, M.Sc, FRPC - practising in Pain Management